Friday, August 27, 2010

Good Morning Day 2!!

(Sarah)

Day 1 has already come and gone!  It was soooo hard saying goodbye to everyone.  We made one last stop at the Lion Shrine - and even though Travis already posted a picture, I wanted to put in one of my favorites.
Rachel, Russ and I at the Lion Shrine at Penn State
After a relaxing night of frantic car packing, we're gearing up for another day.

Well the car is ALMOST all packed, and it fits ALMOST all of my stuff.  Stanford doesn't give you an address until you show up, so I can't ship boxes ahead of time either.  Did manage to fit in Almost Famous and Season 3 of Gilmore Girls so I'll have some comfort TV until the rest of my things show up.  Enjoy the video of the current state of the car:



The plan for today is to drive to St. Louis, MO and ride the elevator to the top of the Gateway Arch and then check out the City Museum after dark.  Should have some amazing pictures of that by the end of today. We're hoping to find a campground outside of St. Louis near Granite City tonight and then push off for Kansas tomorrow.  It's 420 miles today - mapquest says we can do it in 7 hours and 7 minutes.  Maybe we can get there before it gets too dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment